Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Faculty Show: Favorite Pieces


  My first favorite piece that really stuck out to me was called "Untitled #1," by Liz Donadio. The work consisted of a canvas with overlaying forests and trees done in archival inkjet print. I liked this composition because artwork with organic subjects always stick out to me; I just love the earthy tones, and admittedly, I am a tree hugger.
  The second piece that I admired was titled, "Excavation 1" by Tanya Ziniewicz. The media used was acrylic, marker, and prismacolor.  I liked this piece because of the colors used, how they all worked cohesively together to create a mellow mood. I also love abstract art and felt this piece successfully conveyed a lot of feeling through a nonrepresentational subject, which can be difficult to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment